Friday, January 9, 2009

Thank you!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers, support, and concern! It has meant SO much to us and we are very grateful.

We went today for the cardiac MRI. It required an IV and for Matthew to be in the MRI machine for AN HOUR being perfectly still except for holding his breath intermittently. He was AWESOME! He was polite and positive with everyone we came in contact with, never flinched or complained once. I do not know any results at this time (I did my best to try to get them to tell me a little something today, it was worth a shot:) but this is a very complex test to interpret and will actually be done by a cardiologist-radiologist, very specialized and then Matt's case will be reviewed by the Pediatric Cardiology Dept. at a special conference they hold on Mondays to review and make recommendations on children's cases like Matthew's that may require further procedures. I am supposed to receive a call next week after the conference telling me their recommendations.

I am very glad that we have gotten this done and are moving forward in taking care of my boy and that he did so well with it. It was just me and him and we had some special time alone together today and I just love spending time with him. He is so sweet and positive and talked very little about what was going on with him and his condition but wanted to talk about his older brother's great bball shot the other night, or his little brother's gymnastics meet tomorrow he wants to go watch, or all the things in life he is excited about! Never once has he uttered anything like "why me?"! I know he is being lifted up by your prayers as we all are.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we wait for results. I know we will find the patience and peace we need right now through His grace.

And by following the example of a certain amazing and inspiring young boy!

No comments: