Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bring It On!

Prayer, that is! Jeff and I will take Matthew to see the interventional cardiologist tomorrow to discuss the procedures that he needs. We have been going along with all our daily activities, living in the moment, but our concerns are always there in our minds. We have been trying very hard not to show any anxiety around the boys so as not to worry them. They are older now and read us so well. I have been hesitant to schedule things or make any commitments for the near future, not knowing what may be facing us. I know tomorrow I will need to ask the right questions and make the best decisions I can for my child. I also know that I will have to keep up a very positive composure as I listen to the doctor tell us all the things that can go wrong, and give informed consent. I already know what he is obligated to tell us, I just don't want to hear those things said out loud. I know those things are rare, but when your child has a defect that occurs in only 1 in 50,000 births, rare becomes a relative term.

Your prayers and support have done so much already. Whenever the terror and the tears have threatened to take over, I have felt the strength and grace I have needed to be lifted up above them and move forward. Please keep it up, we need it more than ever, like my boys would say, BRING IT ON!

No comments: