Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Prayer request

I need to reach out and ask for prayer. Matthew is developing some high blood pressure and there may be complications with his previous surgery that will require more procedures. He is not in any discomfort or distress and the doctors want him to play ball and exercise as tolerated, that will help keep his heart muscle strong, but not to do any lifting or straining. He will be having a cardiac MRI (we are fortunate to live not far from state of the art equipment) on January 9th which will tell us much more about his condition. He is a wonderful patient and is showing no worry or anxiety, just going along enjoying each day as it comes.

His mommy, a doctor at that, is supposed to be able to fix everything. I can't fix this, but
Matthew has shown us the infinite power of God's grace and the power of prayer. So I know that what I can do is to ask you to take my son into your heart and pray that He lifts us up and holds us in the palm of His hand. I know that through this I can find that peace that passes all understanding that I see in my son's eyes already.

11 comments:

boltefamily said...

I will surely be praying Laura...please keep me updated and let me know if there are any other specific requests that arise.

Love you!

Krista Barton said...

Laura, I am saying a prayer for him right now. The power of prayer is so often underestimated by many, however those of us that truly believe know the power it holds! I pray that God be with Matthew during this current trial as well as comfort your family. Would you mind if we placed his name on our prayer list at church?

Robin Pollitte said...

Laura,

I will be praying and lifting you and Matthew up. Please keep in touch and let me know how you both are doing and how I can pray specifically.

Love ya,

Robin

Nancy said...

Laura, I had just checked your blog an hour or so before receiving your email. I will certainly lift Matthew and your family up in prayer in the coming days and weeks.

God Bless!!

Linda said...

Laura and Jeff
The Lord is a mighty God and he knows what we need before we ask
God answers prayers .I know because the bible says where two or more are gathered I will be amongst thee. so I concider this a place of prayers for Matthew so the lord is here with us. I love those boys they tug at my heart so much but Matthew has been a little more tugging .. since he was born from his silly ways to make you laugh or just crack you up to the knowlege he has to make you understand things only he knows.
He is a special young man and always wants to please.. So I will continue to pray for him as always and also for you and Jeff to be given the strength to be strong .
I love you guys and I know its gonna be ok.. we have the great physician on our side The Lord Jesus Christ.
I cant imagine how you must feel both of you being doctors but also being Mother and Father.. Just trust in the lord with all your heart
If you need anything call you know the number...

Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh My. Of course I will say a prayer for him and for you. I also know that all will be ok.
Love
Elsa

Anonymous said...

Oh My. Of course I will say a prayer for him and for you. I also know that all will be ok.
Love
Elsa

Anonymous said...

Laura & Jeff -
All of you will be in our prayers, especially Matthew.

Love you-

Nona

Anonymous said...

John and I will be praying for each of you, especially Matthew. We will pray that God provide strength and comfort to each of you.

In Christ Love, Lori and John.

Anonymous said...

Laura and Jeff-
I know how hard it is to be in the health care field and also be a parent(the in between is very hard). Faith has alot to do with everything as you know. Some of our lives have not turned out as we have wished but the end result is something more than we ever could have imagined. Matthew is a very special little boy and I know god is watching over him. Don't know what he holds in store for him but it's something very special. I hope for you all that everything is ok. It's nice to know you have great doctors and facilities near by. We too will pray.
All our love, Pat, Maureen and Sasha

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be lifting Matthew up. I will be praying and trusting in The Great Physician because I know that he is still working miracles because I am taking care of two of them. I love you guys and will be praying for your whole family.

Nancy Hicks