Monday, February 16, 2009

I Have to Share This

My son blew me away again today. He was telling me after school that he spoke to his class about his condition and upcoming procedure. He described what would be happening, asked them to say a prayer for him and assured them that he would be fine. Then he goes on to tell me that he tried hard to reassure them that this was not a big deal because he was worried that some of them that had "aggravated" him in the past might think that they had caused his blood pressure to go up and his condition to worsen and he did not want them thinking that or feeling bad. He talked about how kind everyone had been to him through all of this, how much he appreciated it.

How does a 12 year old boy step outside himself to look at things this way, worried about others, not himself? Because He is holding his hand, and Matthew has peace in his heart and there truly are angels among us!

3 comments:

Nate said...

You have awesome kids!

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing young man there--my prayers continue to be with you all!

Ryan Neff

Anonymous said...

They've already said it - amazing! Still praying!
Nona